Dow AgroSciences LLC, a subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company (NYSE: DOW), has prevailed in its motion for summary judgment in a key patent infringement lawsuit involving its highly-anticipated Enlist™ Weed Control System. The lawsuit, filed in December 2010 by Bayer CropScience SA, alleged that Dow AgroSciences’ herbicide tolerance technology infringed one of its patents. In a ruling issued on September 27, 2012, a federal district court sided with Dow AgroSciences, determining that its Enlist technology does not infringe Bayer’s patent, and that Bayer’s overbroad interpretation of its patent claims would render them invalid.
Dow AgroSciences has repeatedly expressed its confidence in its legal position in this case, and the Court’s decision has confirmed the company’s conviction and resolve to advance technology for its customers.
“We are pleased that the ruling fully supports Dow AgroSciences’ position. The court correctly found that Dow AgroSciences did not infringe Bayer’s intellectual property,” said William Wales, Vice President and General Counsel, Dow AgroSciences. “Dow AgroSciences remains committed to ensuring our innovative Enlist technology is available for farmers as they struggle with weed control issues.”
About Dow AgroSciencesDow AgroSciences, based in Indianapolis, Indiana, USA, develops leading-edge crop protection and plant biotechnology solutions to meet the challenges of the growing world. Dow AgroSciences is a wholly owned subsidiary of The Dow Chemical Company and had annual global sales of $5.7 billion in 2011. Learn more at www.dowagro.com. Follow Dow AgroSciences on Facebook and YouTube or subscribe to our News Release RSS Feed. ™Enlist is a trademark of Dow AgroSciences LLC. Components of the Enlist Weed Control System have not yet received regulatory approvals; approvals are pending. The information presented is not an offer for sale. ©2012 Dow AgroSciences LLC
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV