DALLAS, Sept. 28, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The ComputED Gazette announced today that five Cambium Learning Group online programs, ExploreLearning Gizmos ®, ExploreLearning Reflex ™, VmathLive ®, Ticket to Read ® and firefly ®, were named winners in its 17 th Annual 2012 Education Software Review Awards (EDDIES).
The EDDIES target content-rich and innovative programs and websites that augment classroom curriculum and improve the productivity of teachers. Winning products provide teachers and parents alike with technology that fosters educational excellence and are chosen from titles submitted by publishers worldwide.
"We are thrilled that The ComputED Gazette chose five online programs from our Cambium Learning family of companies," says Ron Klausner, chief executive officer of Cambium Learning Group. "Recognition from our industry peers proves that as a company we are continuing in our mission through our online programs, to enable educators to unlock every child's potential through learning, no matter where their journey begins."
- Gizmos is the world's largest library of online simulations helping students in grades 3-12 to develop deep conceptual understanding in math and science.
- Reflex is a revolutionary game-based system for developing instant, effortless recall of math facts; both Gizmos and Reflex are offerings of ExploreLearning.
- The all-new VmathLive is a web-based online math solution that creates a stimulating learning environment for students in grades 2-8 in a fun origami theme.
- Ticket to Read is a self-paced, student-centered online reading program that provides dynamic skills practice and improved reading performance. Both VmathLive and Ticket to Read are offerings of Voyager Learning.
- firefly, developed by Kurzweil Educational Systems, is delivered within Internet browsers and as an iPad application to provide access to digital content, enabling students that require reading intervention, English language learners (ELL), and those with Dyslexia, to learn alongside their peers.