LEXINGTON, Mass., Sept. 28, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Agenus Inc. (Nasdaq:AGEN), a developer of vaccines for cancer and infectious diseases, today announced that the company will be presenting at the 3 rd Annual " Cancer Immunotherapy: A Long-Awaited Reality" conference taking place from 8:00 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. EDT on October 4, 2012, at the New York Academy of Medicine in New York. Dr. Garo Armen, chairman and CEO of Agenus, will present a corporate overview at 10:00 a.m.
A live and archived webcast of the company's presentation at the conference hosted by MD Becker Partners LLC will be available at www.regonline.com/mdb2012 .
About the 3rd Annual Cancer Immunotherapy: A Long-Awaited Reality Conference"Cancer Immunotherapy: A Long Awaited Reality" is a unique, single-day conference event that unites founding visionary researchers, clinicians, business leaders, key investors, and other stakeholders to engage in discussions, exchange information, highlight opportunities, and showcase leading companies in the field of cancer immunotherapy. About Agenus Agenus Inc. is a biotechnology company working to develop treatments for cancers and infectious diseases. The company is focused on immunotherapeutic products based on strong platform technologies with multiple product candidates advancing through the clinic, including several product candidates that have advanced into late-stage clinical trials through corporate partners. For more information, please visit www.agenusbio.com . The Agenus logo is available at http://www.globenewswire.com/newsroom/prs/?pkgid=8187 There are 16 QS-21 Stimulon ®1 adjuvant containing vaccine programs in clinical development. Between Agenus and its partners, there are a total of 18 programs in clinical development. They include:
- Phase 3: GSK's RTS,S for malaria 2
- Phase 3: GSK's MAGE-A3 cancer immunotherapy for selected patients with resected melanoma 2
- Phase 3: GSK's MAGE-A3 cancer immunotherapy for selected patients with resected non-small cell lung cancer 2
- Phase 3: GSK's HZ/su for shingles 2
- Phase 2: Prophage Series G-100 for newly diagnosed glioma
- Phase 2: Prophage Series G-200 for recurrent glioma
- Phase 2-Ready: HerpV (contains QS-21) for genital herpes
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts