September 27, 2012--Dendreon Corporation (NASDAQ: DNDN) today announced the first patient enrollment and initiation of treatment for the sipuleucel-T European Union (EU) open-label study. The open-label study is being conducted in European men with metastatic castrate-resistant prostate cancer (mCRPC) to describe product release parameters and report on safety in a European population. The study may enroll up to 45 patients in four sites across the EU. Dendreon has submitted a marketing authorization application (MAA) for sipuleucel-T which is currently under review by the European Medicines Agency (EMA). Sipuleucel-T is not approved for use outside the U.S. Sipuleucel-T is approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in the U.S. for the treatment of asymptomatic or minimally symptomatic metastatic castrate resistant prostate cancer. It is marketed under the name PROVENGE ®.
"We are extremely pleased with the progress of this new study and that the first patient has begun his treatment," said Thomas Powles MD, MRCP, Barts Cancer Institute, St. Bartholomew's Hospital, London. "We are also excited about the potential study outcomes and look forward to a successful program with the support of our committed clinical team and dedicated patients."
In addition to the current EU open-label study, the following data presentations are taking place at the ESMO 2012 Congress in Vienna, Austria, 28 September –2 October:
- Saturday, September 29, 13:00-14:00 CEST – Abstract #939P: “Neoadjuvant Sipuleucel-T in Localized Prostate Cancer: Effects on Immune Cells within the Prostate Tumor Microenvironment.” Poster presentation.
- Saturday, September 29, 13:00-14:00 CEST – Abstract #940P: “Overall Survival Benefit with Sipuleucel-T by Baseline PSA: An Exploratory Analysis from Three Phase 3 Trials.” Poster presentation.
- Saturday, September 29, 13:00-14:00 CEST – Abstract #941P: “Impact of Salvage Therapy with AC8015F on the Overall Survival Benefit Achieved with Sipuleucel-T in Three Phase III Studies of Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer. Poster presentation.
- Saturday, September 29, 13:00-14:00 CEST – Abstract #943P: “OpenACT: Phase II, Open-Label Study of Sipuleucel-T in Metastatic Castrate-Resistant Prostate Cancer (mCRPC).” Poster presentation.
- Saturday, September 29, 13:00-14:00 CEST – Abstract #942P: “Antigen Presenting Cell (APC) Activation in Sipuleucel-T: Is Activation Increased in Earlier Prostate Cancer Disease States?” Poster presentation.
Indication and Important Safety InformationApproved for use in the U.S. only.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV