CHARLOTTE, N.C., Sept. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Swisher Hygiene Inc. ("Swisher Hygiene") (Nasdaq:SWSH) (TSX:SWI), a leading provider of essential hygiene and sanitation products and services, announced today that its Board of Directors has accepted the resignation of Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer Brian Krass, which he tendered on September 21, 2012. Swisher Hygiene also announced that its Board of Directors appointed William T. Nanovsky to serve as Interim Senior Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of Swisher Hygiene, effective September 24, 2012.
Mr. Nanovsky, 64, has over 25 years of experience as a financial executive in environments ranging from emerging growth entities to public companies with annual revenue of more than $20 billion. Since September 2011, he has been a founding Partner of The SCA Group, LLC ("SCA"), which provides C-level services including regulatory solutions, restructuring and interim management to their clients. SCA offers expertise and immediate action to help companies through complex and often unforeseen financial circumstances. Before SCA, from May 1998 to September 2011, Mr. Nanovsky was a Partner of Tatum, LLC, and served on Tatum's Board of Managers from 2003 through 2007. At Tatum, he served:
- As Chief Financial Officer of Specialty Foods Group, Inc., an international manufacturer and marketer of premium-branded, private-label and food service processed meat products. At Specialty Foods, a $300 million revenue-company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, Mr. Nanovsky was successful in restructuring the internal reporting and forecasting processes leading to accurate cash management and identification of the brands and products to be targeted for margin improvement.
- As Chief Accounting Officer of a $3 billion publicly-traded provider of wireless telephone service to 5.5 million customers through 189 majority-owned subsidiaries where he led Sarbanes-Oxley ("SOX") remediation of identified material weaknesses in internal control over financial reporting for income taxes, leases, derivatives and for fixed asset transfers and disposals, as well as completing and filing restatements of the company's financial statements for 2002 through 2005.
- AutoNation, Inc., a $20 billion automotive retailer developing the integration and reporting processes for more than 370 franchises preparing for SOX compliance.
Prior to Tatum, Mr. Nanovsky served as Chief Financial Officer, Senior Vice President and member of the Board of Directors of Seneca Foods Corporation, a Fortune 500 international food processor and distributor, where he restructured the customer service, billing, accounts receivable and credit functions from a decentralized to a centralized environment. All of Mr. Nanovsky's professional effort and focus will be concentrated on Swisher Hygiene; however, he will remain a Partner of The SCA Group.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV