OraSure last year acquired a Canadian company that is big in oral collection, he added. Its DNA testing is used by members of Ancestry.com to get better information about their genealogy. OraSure also has an oral test for hepatitis-C.
Do the homework before you take a shot with the company, Cramer advised.
Scaling the Wall
Investors pin a lot of market momentum on the Chinese, Cramer said, returning to the People's Republic and its effect on the U.S. market.
There's been a lot of speculation as to whether China will pull the trigger on some form of economic stimulus. "I think we should temper our expectations about when and how large" it will be, if it comes at all, Cramer saidBut China does matter for some companies. For instance, China is awash in aluminum, Cramer said, so he advises against buying Alcoa (AA) at this point. China also dumps steel, he said. But buying companies that make the ingredients for steel, such as Vale (VALE), part of his charitable trust,
Lightning RoundHere's what Cramer had to say about callers' stocks during the "Lightning Round": Pan American Silver (PAAS): They are one of the best, Cramer said, but he prefers the iShares Silver Trust (SLV) better. Better still, he said, he likes gold. Onyx Pharmaceuticals (ONXX): "This is really terrific. It has many irons in the fire. I want to buy, buy, buy." Exelon (EXC): "I happen to think that the stock at this level is good," he said, and it is inexpensive. Universal Display (PANL): "Not a fave," he said. "Infrastructure is so competitive. I am wary of it." Hain Celestial (HAIN): While shares are down a little, "sometimes a decline is a buyable decline," he said, adding the fundamentals are still great and the stock is a buy, buy, buy. SandRidge Energy (SD) "It's a speculative play. You need oil to go dramatically higher if they're going to go higher."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV