MEMPHIS, Tenn., Sept. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Greg Jardine, 57, executive vice president and chief credit officer, and Christine Munson, 59, EVP of corporate banking, will retire from First Horizon National Corp. (NYSE:FHN) at the end of the year. Both positions will be filled with executives already at First Horizon. Susan Springfield, EVP of commercial banking, will succeed Jardine as chief credit officer. Steve Hawkins, EVP of asset-based lending and correspondent banking, will expand his leadership role to include Munson's corporate and commercial banking teams.
Springfield, 48, has 25 years of banking and credit experience, and Hawkins, 59, has 33 years of banking experience. Both have received First Horizon's highest leadership honor, the Charles Q. Harris Leadership Award.
Leadership of the First Tennessee regional banking group at First Horizon will be streamlined to two groups under David Popwell, current chief operating officer of the bank, as president of banking. Dave Miller will continue to lead consumer banking, and Hawkins will lead business banking."Christine and Greg are very accomplished bankers who have provided strong leadership and made significant contributions to our success at First Horizon," said Bryan Jordan, First Horizon chairman and CEO. "I have enjoyed the opportunity to work with them over the past several years. They are outstanding colleagues, and they will be missed. We're fortunate to have proven leaders on our team like Susan and Steve to fill their roles." FHN-G
CONTACT: Jack Bradley, JHBradley@FirstHorizon.com, (901)523-4813 Aarti Bowman, AAGoorha@FirstHorizon.com, (901)523-4017
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV