NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BGC Partners, Inc. (NASDAQ: BGCP) ("BGC Partners," "BGC," or "the Company"), a leading global brokerage company primarily servicing the wholesale financial and real estate markets, today updated its financial outlook for the third quarter ending September 30, 2012.
The Company's financial results are expected to be within the range of its previously stated guidance for the third quarter of 2012. BGC expects distributable earnings revenues to be around the high-end of this range and for pre-tax distributable earnings to be around the mid-point. The Company's third quarter outlook was first published in its financial results press release dated July 26, 2012, and was as follows:
Third Quarter 2012 Outlook Compared with Third Quarter 2011 Results
- The Company expected to generate distributable earnings revenues of between $415 million and $450 million, an increase of approximately 9 percent to 18 percent compared with $380.5 million.
- BGC Partners expected pre-tax distributable earnings to be between approximately $41 million and $52 million versus $62.6 million.
- BGC Partners anticipated its effective tax rate for distributable earnings to be approximately 14.5 percent compared with 15.0 percent.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV