Fourth Quarter Fiscal 2012
Net revenues for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2012 were $6.84 billion, compared with $6.69 billion for the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, an increase of 2 percent in U.S. dollars and 9 percent in local currency and at the upper end of the company’s guided range of $6.6 billion to $6.85 billion. The foreign-exchange impact of negative 7 percent for the quarter was consistent with the assumption provided in the company’s third-quarter earnings release.
- Consulting net revenues were $3.74 billion, a decrease of 4 percent in U.S. dollars and an increase of 2 percent in local currency compared with the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
- Outsourcing net revenues were $3.1 billion, an increase of 10 percent in U.S. dollars and 18 percent in local currency compared with the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011.
Diluted EPS for the fourth quarter were $0.88, compared with $0.91 for the fourth quarter last year. The $0.03 decrease in EPS reflects:
- $0.03 from higher revenue and operating results, including the unfavorable impact of foreign exchange; and
- $0.03 from a lower share count;
- $0.08 from a higher effective tax rate; and
- $0.01 from lower non-operating income.