Actuate (BIRT) provides software and services to develop and deploy custom business Intelligence and information applications. This stock is trading up 8.2% to $7.04 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $6.58-$7.0652-Week Range: $4.95-$7.30 Volume: 134,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 216,730 From a technical perspective, BIRT is soaring here back above its 50-day moving average of $6.75 with light volume. This move is quickly pushing BIRT within range of triggering a major breakout trade. That trade will hit once BIRT manages to clear some past overhead resistance at $7.20 to $7.30 with high volume. Traders should now look for long-biased trades in BIRT as long as it's trending above its 50-day at $6.75, and then once it sustains a move or close above those breakout levels with volume that's near or above 216,730 shares. If that breakout triggers soon for BIRT, then I expect to see this stock trend well north of $8 in the near future. To see more stocks under-$10 that are making notable moves higher today, check out the Stocks Under $10 Moving Higher portfolio on Stockpickr. -- Written by Roberto Pedone in Winderemere, Fla.
Twitter and become a fan on Facebook.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV