FRESNO, Calif., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dennis R. Woods, President and Chief Executive Officer of United Security Bancshares, ( http://www.unitedsecuritybank.com/ )(Nasdaq: UBFO), reported that the Board of Directors of United Security Bancshares declared a 3rd quarter 2012 stock dividend of one percent (1%) on September 25, 2012. The stock dividend will be paid to shareholders of record on October 12, 2012 and the dividend shares will be issued on October 24, 2012.
This marks the 16th consecutive quarterly stock dividend since initiated in 2008. Capital preservation remains a significant focus of the Bank's Directors in consideration of the Basel III capital standards likely to be adopted. Stock dividends preserve capital compared with cash dividends which reduce capital.
SOURCE United Security Bancshares
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV