This Day On The Street
Continue to site right-arrow
This account is pending registration confirmation. Please click on the link within the confirmation email previously sent you to complete registration.
Need a new registration confirmation email? Click here
TheStreet Open House

Mullen Group Ltd. Signs Memorandum Of Understanding With Northern Business Partners

OKOTOKS, AB, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - (TSX:MTL)  Mullen Group Ltd. (" Mullen Group" and/or the " Corporation") announced today that it has entered into a memorandum of understanding (" MOU") with two northern business partners to provide oilfield services, transportation and logistics services in the Sahtu Settlement Area in the Northwest Territories (" Sahtu Region").  The other two parties to the MOU are HCI Holdings Ltd. (" HCI Holdings") and Red Dog Mtn. Contracting Ltd. (" Red Dog") both of which are long standing organizations situated in Norman Wells and Tulita, Northwest Territories.

Mullen Group, through its operating subsidiaries, has extensive experience providing oilfield services, transportation and logistics services that has been earned through many years of working with and supporting northern aboriginal communities in conjunction with energy companies in Northern Canada.  Importantly, HCI Holdings and Red Dog are strategically located in key resource plays in the Canol Shale Oil Region where it is expected there will be significant investments made by energy companies in the responsible exploration and development of oil and gas fields over the next number of years.

The MOU contemplates the creation of Canol Oilfield Services Ltd., a stand alone company, with Mullen Group being a 45 percent shareholder and HCI Holdings and Red Dog combining to own the remaining 55 percent of the new entity.  It is expected that Mullen Group's experience in servicing the energy sector and the investment of equipment, capital and leadership support will compliment HCI Holdings and Red Dog's strategic service offerings in the Sahtu Region and specifically support the responsible economic development of the Sahtu Region as outlined in the Benefits Agreements amongst Tulita District Land Corporations and various energy companies in the Sahtu Region.

1 of 2

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Action Alerts PLUS

Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.

Product Features:
  • $2.5+ million portfolio
  • Large-cap and dividend focus
  • Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Quant Ratings

Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.

Product Features:
  • Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
  • Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
  • A custom stock screener
Stocks Under $10

David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.

Product Features:
  • Model portfolio
  • Stocks trading below $10
  • Intraday trade alerts
14-Days Free
Try it NOW
Only $9.95
Try it NOW
14-Days Free
Try it NOW

Check Out Our Best Services for Investors

Dividend Stock Advisor

David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.

Product Features:
  • Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
  • Updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
Trifecta Stocks

Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutiny—quantitative, fundamental and technical analysis—to maximize profit potential and minimize risk.

Product Features:
  • Model Portfolio
  • Intra Day Trade alerts
  • Access to Quant Ratings
Options Profits

Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.

Product Features:
  • Actionable options commentary and news
  • Real-time trading community
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
Try it NOW
To begin commenting right away, you can log in below using your Disqus, Facebook, Twitter, OpenID or Yahoo login credentials. Alternatively, you can post a comment as a "guest" just by entering an email address. Your use of the commenting tool is subject to multiple terms of service/use and privacy policies - see here for more details.
Submit an article to us!


DOW 17,712.66 +34.43 0.19%
S&P 500 2,061.02 +4.87 0.24%
NASDAQ 4,891.2190 +27.8570 0.57%

Partners Compare Online Brokers

Free Reports

Free Newsletters from TheStreet

My Subscriptions:

After the Bell

Before the Bell

Booyah! Newsletter

Midday Bell

TheStreet Top 10 Stories

Winners & Losers

Register for Newsletters
Top Rated Stocks Top Rated Funds Top Rated ETFs