“Quick” and “effortless” are not words being used by many women when discussing their last car purchase, according to a recent poll conducted for CarMax, Inc. (NYSE: KMX), the nation’s largest retailer of used cars. Nearly a quarter of the women surveyed said their last car purchase was a hassle, and many others felt they lacked a fair and reasonable trade-in value, financing, and purchase price. These results are similar to responses from women over the past few years.
“Women often commit a lot of time, research and thought into a vehicle purchase, and want to feel confident in their decision,” says Donna Wassel, Southwest regional vice president of CarMax. “With research tools, transparency and no-haggle prices offered by CarMax, shoppers can have a smooth, straightforward purchase they can feel good about.”
The following are the results of the recent poll that asked women: Thinking about the last time that you bought a car, which of the following was most missing?
|Response||Percentage in 2012||Percentage in 2011||Percentage in 2009|
|A quick, effortless transaction||24||26||25|
|A fair trade-in value||18||15||19|
|A reasonable finance rate||17||13||13|
|Low, fair pricing||15||15||13|
|A trustworthy salesperson||12||15||15|
All of the surveys were conducted by Ipsos Public Affairs on behalf of CarMax. Each national sample consisted of more than 500 U.S. women, aged 18 and older who were interviewed online in September 2012, October 2011, and August 2009. In this year’s survey, 11 percent of respondents had not purchased a vehicle, while 13 percent had not purchased a vehicle in the 2009 and 2011 surveys.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV