- In the U.S., the number of turbochargers is expected to almost triple in the next five years to more than 4 million in 2017, compared to 1.3 million in 2011. Turbos are projected to be on about one-quarter of all new U.S. vehicles in 2017.
- The number of turbocharged engines in India is expected to more than triple from about 900,000 to more than 3 million from 2011 to 2017.
- China also is projected to see tremendous growth, going from 2.1 million turbos in 2011 to 6.7 million new turbochargers in 2017 or about 25 percent penetration.
- In Europe, turbochargers are expected to grow from 12.9 million, or 67 percent of the new automobiles, in 2011 to 17.4 million, or more than 85 percent of new vehicles, in 2017.
Turbochargers Growing Globally As Fuel-Saving Option
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.