Another under-$10 name in the biotechnology and drugs complex that's trading very close to triggering a near-term breakout trade is Pozen (POZN), which develops products for the treatment of acute and chronic pain and other pain-related conditions in the U.S. This stock has been trending sharply higher so far in 2012, with shares up around 65%.
If you take a look at the chart for Pozen, you'll notice that this stock has been trending sideways between $6 and $6.90 a share for the past two months and change. Shares of POZN just recently started to trend back above its 50-day moving average of $6.46 s share with a slight uptick in volume flows. That move is now pushing POZN within range of breaking out above some near-term overhead resistance levels.
Traders should now look for long-biased trades in POZN once it manages to break out above some near-term overhead resistance levels at $6.79 to $6.90 a share with high volume. Look for a sustained move or close above those levels with volume that hits near or above its three-month average action of 145,334 shares. If that breakout triggers soon, then POZN will have a great chance of re-testing or possibly taking out its next significant overhead resistance levels at $7.55 to $8.12 a share.Traders can look to buy POZN off weakness with a stop that sits just below its 50-day moving average of $6.46 a share. One could also buy POZN off strength once it clears $6.79 to $6.90 a share with volume, and then simply use a stop at around $6.60 a share.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV