Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), a leading global technology distributor, was presented with a Gold Stevie® Award in the electronics category for Company of the Year in the 10 th Annual American Business Awards.
Winners were selected by a panel of more than 270 executives across the U.S. Approximately 3,000 nominations from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry were submitted this year for consideration in a wide range of categories, including Most Innovative Company of the Year, Management Team of the Year, Best New Product or Service of the Year, Corporate Social Responsibility Program of the Year and Executive of the Year, among others.
“Anytime Avnet is acknowledged for our efforts around the globe we are humbled and appreciate the honor,” said Al Maag, chief communications officer for Avnet. “But this best in class award is audacious. Last year was really an excellent one and this award was earned by our 17,000 employees who accelerate the success of our technology partners every day.”
Avnet was presented the award on Monday, September 17 th at the Merchant Exchange’s Julia Morgan Ballroom in San Francisco. Details about The American Business Awards and the lists of Stevie Award winners who were announced are available at www.stevieawards.com/aba.Follow us on Twitter: @avnetcommsLike us on Facebook: facebook.com/avnetinc About Avnet Avnet, Inc. (NYSE:AVT), a Fortune 500 Company, is one of the largest distributors of electronic components, computer products and embedded technology serving customers globally. Avnet accelerates its partners' success by connecting the world's leading technology suppliers with a broad base of customers by providing cost-effective, value-added services and solutions. For the fiscal year ended June 30, 2012, Avnet generated revenue of $25.7 billion. For more information, visit www.avnet.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV