EAST GREENBUSH, N.Y., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The September 19 " Material Handling & Supply Chain Technology" online trade show and event hosted by GlobalSpec, recently acquired by IHS Inc. (NYSE: IHS), drew more than 900 participants, with nearly all of the attendees reporting they are decision makers within their organizations. The free virtual conference is now available on demand to give engineers and industrial professionals easy access to educational presentations and industry-leading supplier resources from the live-day event.
GlobalSpec's "Material Handling & Supply Chain Technology" event provided the opportunity to learn about the latest supply chain strategies, software solutions, and material handling products. Attendees were able to participate in educational sessions offering industry expertise on innovations, trends, and technologies across key areas of the material handling/supply chain universe, including: conveyors & overhead handling; purchasing and logistics; warehousing and storage; RFID, data capture, and control; lift trucks, loading docks, and AGVs.Industrial professionals were able to take advantage of these learning and networking opportunities from the convenience of their desktops, without having to budget for travel expenses or lose time away from the office. "Our Material Handling & Supply Chain Technology online event was a valuable opportunity for industrial professionals to hear from some of the foremost experts in these fields and connect with leading suppliers about the latest technologies impacting this industry," said Donna Lewis, vice president of e-publishing and e-events for GlobalSpec. "Our exhibitors connected with a highly engaged and captivated audience and were able to showcase their products, innovations and technologies." Speakers and topics at the event included:
- Lean Manufacturing through Mobile Robotics – Today's "mobile robots" are challenging the conventional paradigms of intra-logistics. Meant to radically improve platform flexibility and resurrect AGV popularity, mobile robots herald a new age of Lean Manufacturing and distribution operations. Presented by Erin Rapacki, product marketing manager, Mobile Robots, Adept Technology, Inc
- Improving Efficiency in Your Warehouse: A Slotting Primer – What's your slotting strategy? If it's been a while since your last reslotting, your warehouse may be missing out on significant cost savings. This presentation provided straight talk about the concepts of slotting optimization and discussed the nuts and bolts behind a clear slotting strategy that can increase efficiency, reduce labor costs, and improve warehouse space utilization. Presented by Dan Basmajian, president, Optricity
- Improve Profitability with Voice-Enabled Solutions – Today's DC leaders face relentless pressure to improve supply chain profitability and performance. This session examined the proven value of voice-enabled solutions in gaining workflow efficiencies that boost productivity, accuracy, and safety – helping companies better control operating costs while improving customer service and enabling growth. Presented by Thomas Murray, vice president - product management and marketing, Vocollect (a business unit of Intermec, Inc.)
- Discover the Benefits of 24-Volt Conveying Solutions – Looking for a material handling solution that's known for its low power consumption? 24-volt DC conveyor systems may be your answer. Attendees of this presentation will learn why this innovative technology is growing at such a rapid pace in the manufacturing, packaging, and warehousing industries. Presented by Boyce Bonham, director of integrator services, Hytrol Conveyor Co., Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV