NEW YORK, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Simon & Schuster Audio is pleased to announce that award-winning actor Neil Patrick Harris will narrate THE BRO CODE FOR PARENTS: What to Expect When You're Awesome as Barney Stinson, due out October 2, 2012. The audiobook will be available unabridged on CD and for digital download.
Harris is best known for his Emmy-nominated role as Barney Stinson on How I Met Your Mother and the title role on Doogie Howser, M.D., for which he received a Golden Globe nomination. He has also starred as a fictionalized version of himself in the Harold & Kumar series and played the title role in Joss Whedon's musical web series Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog. Harris has appeared on Broadway in Cabaret, Proof, and Assassins.
"I love listening to THE BRO CODE FOR PARENTS, because it's exactly how I hear Barney's voice in my head," says co-author Matt Kuhn, a writer for How I Met Your Mother. "It's like my grandmother always said: 'Why read when you can have beloved star of stage and screen Neil Patrick Harris read for you?'"
THE BRO CODE FOR PARENTS is the newest addition to the Barney Stinson canon, following the New York Times bestsellers also read by Harris, THE BRO CODE and THE PLAYBOOK. THE BRO CODE FOR PARENTS helps teach prospective parents everything they need to know to have a legendary kid by answering some the toughest questions facing new parents: Will I ever be able to do awesome things again? Will I be able to afford this? Can I ever have sex again? Will I be a good parent? Am I able to love this child as much as I love my own life? Can I ever have sex again?Stinson says the answer to all of these questions is a rock solid "no." But just because your life is now a petrifying turd on the canvas of life doesn't mean your kid has to be as lame as you are about to become. And he's here to help anyone become an "awesomommy" or "legendaddy."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV