Google Trends Merges With Insights for Search
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Google Insights for Search -- a popular tool among search-engine optimization (SEO) professionals and internet marketers -- has been merged into a newly-redesigned Google Trends. As of Thursday, users attempting to access Google Insights are redirected to Google Trends. According to a statement on Google's support page:
We have launched a new version of Google Trends, bringing the great functionality of both Google Insights and Google Trends into one. Following the release of the revamped of hot trends and the special olympics addition, this release should make it even easier for you to tell stories about search and explore what people are interested in around the world.
As these product are now one, Insights for Search is being deprecated. We are working hard to make sure that any URLs you might have stored for Insights/Trends will be gracefully handled by the new united site.
Historically, Google Trends has achieved a level of search interest many multiples higher than Google Insights -- a fact reflected in Google's own search data. This amalgamation appears to consolidate the users of these two products by providing a redesigned interface while maintaining many of the core features of Google Insights.Earlier this week, some Google users noted the disappearance of a "trends" link within their web history; to which a Google employee responded "Thanks for your patience. The good news is that there's nothing wrong with your setups. Trends are temporarily unavailable due to a system upgrade, but we'll have them back soon after regularly scheduled maintenance. Sorry for the confusion!" Google has not yet responded to TheStreet's request for comment on this story.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV