ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading food companies, today released its 2012 Citizenship Report, providing a detailed look at the company's efforts to nourish its employees, give back to the community, and protect the environment while driving economic gains for its stakeholders.
Available online at http://www.conagrafoodscitizenship.com, ConAgra Foods' 2012 Citizenship Report covers specific initiatives underway within each plank of the company's corporate responsibility platform: "Good for You. Good for the Community. Good for the Planet." The report provides detail on the progress the company has made since it issued its last report in 2011. It also identifies opportunities for improvement in the future. For the first time, ConAgra Foods’ report is being produced in the form of a microsite this year with a direct link to the company’s website. This format is more user-friendly and makes it possible for the company to update information on a real time basis, should it need to do so. It also reflects the approach other companies considered best-in-class in citizenship are taking to make information available to stakeholders.
“Citizenship is a key component of ConAgra Foods’ five-year Recipe for Growth strategy,” said Chris Kircher, vice president, Corporate Affairs and president, ConAgra Foods Foundation. “Our 2012 Citizenship Report provides an in-depth look at the progress we are making and insight into what lies ahead on our journey to becoming recognized as a leading corporate citizen.”
Highlights from ConAgra Foods' 2012 Citizenship Report include:
- recognition from the Safe Quality Food Institute with the 2011 Quality Achievement Award for Manufacturer of the Year;
- improved safety performance, with 35 facilities achieving a zero Total Incident Rate, nearly twice the number of facilities to do so the prior fiscal year;
- tremendous strides in keeping material out of landfills, reaching a major milestone of more than 90 percent solid waste diversion;
- a consumer call-to-action with ConAgra Foods' Child Hunger Ends Here campaign,
- a revised Citizenship Philosophy, which will serve as the basis for a long term corporate citizenship strategy that ConAgra Foods plans to announce later this year; and,
- recognition of the company's ongoing corporate responsibility commitment, including a listing for the second time on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, as well as a listing for the first time on the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV