ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG), one of North America's leading food companies, today released its 2012 Citizenship Report, providing a detailed look at the company's efforts to nourish its employees, give back to the community, and protect the environment while driving economic gains for its stakeholders.
Available online at
, ConAgra Foods' 2012 Citizenship Report covers specific initiatives underway within each plank of the company's corporate responsibility platform: "Good for You. Good for the Community. Good for the Planet." The report provides detail on the progress the company has made since it issued its last report in 2011. It also identifies opportunities for improvement in the future. For the first time, ConAgra Foods’ report is being produced in the form of a microsite this year with a direct link to the company’s website. This format is more user-friendly and makes it possible for the company to update information on a real time basis, should it need to do so. It also reflects the approach other companies considered best-in-class in citizenship are taking to make information available to stakeholders.
“Citizenship is a key component of ConAgra Foods’ five-year Recipe for Growth strategy,” said Chris Kircher, vice president, Corporate Affairs and president, ConAgra Foods Foundation. “Our 2012 Citizenship Report provides an in-depth look at the progress we are making and insight into what lies ahead on our journey to becoming recognized as a leading corporate citizen.”
Highlights from ConAgra Foods' 2012 Citizenship Report include:
- recognition from the Safe Quality Food Institute with the 2011 Quality Achievement Award for Manufacturer of the Year;
- improved safety performance, with 35 facilities achieving a zero Total Incident Rate, nearly twice the number of facilities to do so the prior fiscal year;
- tremendous strides in keeping material out of landfills, reaching a major milestone of more than 90 percent solid waste diversion;
- a consumer call-to-action with ConAgra Foods' Child Hunger Ends Here campaign,
- a revised Citizenship Philosophy, which will serve as the basis for a long term corporate citizenship strategy that ConAgra Foods plans to announce later this year; and,
- recognition of the company's ongoing corporate responsibility commitment, including a listing for the second time on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index, as well as a listing for the first time on the Carbon Disclosure Leadership Index.
In preparing the 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report, ConAgra Foods followed the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G3 Sustainability Reporting Guidelines and the Food Sector supplement. ConAgra Foods has self-declared a "B" application level for its 2012 Corporate Responsibility Report. More information on the GRI initiative is available at
. All data in the report reflects ConAgra Foods' fiscal year 2012, which ended May 27, 2012. The report covers all company-owned facilities, including some joint ventures. The company plans to publish subsequent updates each year in September, following the publication of the company's Annual Report to Stockholders.
About ConAgra Foods
ConAgra Foods, Inc., (NYSE: CAG) is one of North America's leading food companies, with brands in 97 percent of America's households. Consumers find
Banquet, Chef Boyardee, Egg Beaters, Healthy Choice, Hebrew National, Hunt's, Marie Callender's, Orville Redenbacher's, PAM, Peter Pan, Reddi-wip
and many other ConAgra Foods brands in grocery, convenience, mass merchandise, and club stores. ConAgra Foods also has a strong business-to-business presence, supplying potato, other vegetable, spice and grain products to a variety of well-known restaurants, foodservice operators and commercial customers.