To help shoppers save, Whole Foods Market continues to expand its 365 Everyday Value ® line, as well as their bulk offerings, "value pack" options in meat, seafood, produce and case discounts on food and wine. Shoppers on a budget can look for coupons, affordable recipes and cost-saving tips in The Whole Deal, the company's national promotions program, which offers, on average, $45 of savings per issue.
While the majority consider themselves "value seekers," here's a breakdown of how Americans describe their grocery shopping style, key findings show that*:
- Value Seekers (64 percent) – someone very aware of prices, bargains, coupons and specials
- One-Stop (41 percent) – shoppers who want all their needs met by one store, from staple pantry items and meats to family-friendly offerings and body care
- Health-Minded (32 percent) – someone who seeks out healthy foods and educational resources
- Conscious Shoppers (17 percent) – someone who seeks out organic, sustainable, Fair Trade, local foods and growers
- On-the-Go (14 percent) – someone who shops at the closest store and seeks out convenience and prepared foods
- Adventurous Eater (13 percent) – the foodie looking for specialty products
Survey MethodologyThe Food Shopping Trends Tracker survey was conducted online by Harris Interactive on behalf of Whole Foods Market, Inc. between August 3-7, 2012 among 2,274 adults ages 18+; in 2008 this was conducted between August 6-8 among 2,209 adults ages 18+. This online survey is not based on a probability sample and therefore no estimate of theoretical sampling error can be calculated.
*Adds to more than 100 percent because multiple responses were allowedMedia Contacts: Jessica Alter, firstname.lastname@example.org, (212) 829.0002 ext.104 Robin Rehfield, email@example.com, (617) 401-4145 SOURCE Whole Foods Market
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts