RALEIGH, N.C., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Below are excerpts from remarks made today by Duke Energy (NYSE: DUK) CEO Jim Rogers at the Triangle Business Journal's "Power Breakfast," a gathering of business and community leaders held at the Raleigh Marriott City Central.
Thank you for being here. I look forward to our conversation and to hearing what's on your mind.
It's a privilege for Duke Energy to serve this community. Raleigh is central to our future. It's our state capital. It's also our company's new state headquarters.We're committed to Raleigh for the long term. I couldn't imagine it any other way. How can you not like a city that one magazine rated as having the best quality of life in America? And another rated as one of the top U.S. cities "getting smarter the fastest." That's what I need – to get smarter faster. I surround myself with innovative thinkers and people with a passion for achieving the right results in the right way. The Triangle has extraordinary talent – a mix of global companies, world-class universities and entrepreneurial spirit. In my opinion, this area demonstrates what's possible as our state reinvents itself in a changing economy. We want to build on Progress Energy's proud history of service and civic involvement in Raleigh and Eastern North Carolina. That started here on Fayetteville Street more than a century ago. We recognize that our future as a company is tied to the vitality of the communities we serve. Duke Energy's State President for North Carolina is Brett Carter – now based in Raleigh, a block up the street. He's here today, and I'd like to ask him to stand. Many of you have met Brett.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV