Aerie, the intimates and apparel brand from American Eagle Outfitters (NYSE: AEO), will once again be partnering with Bright Pink, a non-profit focused on the prevention and early detection of breast and ovarian cancer in young women. The goal of the partnership, which begins September 29 and continues through October 21, is to educate customers about the importance of proactively managing one’s breast and ovarian health, raise funds for Bright Pink, and have fun at the same time.
“Aerie is honored to once again partner with Bright Pink during Breast Cancer Awareness Month,” said Jennifer Foyle, chief merchandising officer of Aerie. “It is a cause that affects the lives of both our associates and customers every day. Our events not only help support Bright Pink directly but they also educate our girls which is one of the most effective ways to battle breast cancer.”
“We feel so blessed to partner with Aerie for the third year in a row to inspire thousands of young women nationwide to take a proactive approach with their breast and ovarian health,” said Bright Pink Founder and CEO, Lindsay Avner. “The funds raised from this partnership will help Bright Pink expand our breast health educational and support programs, undoubtedly saving countless lives."
The partnership includes several components:
- $1 donation to Bright Pink for every bra sold in Aerie stores across the U.S. and online at aerie.com from September 29 through October 6, up to $50,000. Additionally, customers will be invited to make a personal donation of any amount in stores, to benefit Bright Pink through October 21.
- In Aerie fitting rooms, customers will be invited to text PINK to 59227 to subscribe to Bright Pink’s popular “Underwire Alerts” encouraging them to do their monthly self breast exams.
- Twitter campaign to raise awareness and additional funds for Bright Pink. Aerie will donate $1 for every Retweet from September 29 through October 13, up to $25,000.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts