Donna Pomerantz, President of the California Council of the Blind, also praised Cinemark’s announcement: “We are pleased with Cinemark’s support for audio description. This national initiative makes first-run movies available to millions of patrons who are blind and visually impaired. They deserve to participate in this quintessential American experience.”
Cinemark selected the Fidelio audio description system from Burbank-based Doremi Cinemas LLC to provide descriptive narration to audience members who desire the service.
"Cinemark was pleased to collaborate with the CCB and some of our blind patrons,” said Michael Cavalier, General Counsel and Senior Vice President of Cinemark, USA, Inc. “The conversion to digital cinema has facilitated the development of audio description systems like Fidelio. We now have a platform that makes full implementation of an audio description system viable. Cinemark has worked closely with our suppliers to make certain that we are providing the highest quality descriptive narration system,” he added.
Michael Archer, Vice President of Digital Cinema at Doremi, noted, "When we began the in-house design of the Fidelio product, we worked closely with Cinemark, our long-term partner, to create a viable, high-quality system that provides audio description for digital cinema. We are pleased to have this opportunity to work with Cinemark to provide described movies to their patrons across the country."About Cinemark Holdings, Inc. Cinemark is a leading domestic and international motion picture exhibitor, operating 461 theatres with 5,207 screens in 39 U.S. states, Brazil, Mexico and 11 other Latin American countries as of June 30, 2012. For more information go to investors.cinemark.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV