The New York Times announced today that Deborah Needleman has been named the new editor of T: The New York Times Style Magazine. Ms. Needleman joins The Times from The Wall Street Journal where she currently serves as editor in chief of WSJ. Magazine. Ms. Needleman also has editorial oversight of Off Duty, the Journal’s weekend lifestyle section, which she created and launched in September 2010.
In making the announcement, Jill Abramson, executive editor of The New York Times, said, “Deborah is a creative and innovative editor with an impeccable sense of style and design. As we look to expand and extend T and continue to evolve it for our loyal and sophisticated New York Times audience, we will rely on Deborah’s broad range of experience and creative energy. She is coming on board to strengthen the franchise and re-imagine its future on all platforms. Given the depth of her talent and experience, I am certain that T is in very good hands.”
T Magazine is currently published 15 times a year and is dedicated to coverage of fashion, living, beauty, design and travel.
Ms. Needleman was the founding editor in chief of Conde Nast’s Domino magazine, which launched in 2005 and quickly became a leading guide to style and decorating with an incredibly devoted following. It was one of the most honored magazines in its first year with awards including being named best new magazine by Adweek. Domino was closed in 2009 despite its critical success.Previously, Ms. Needleman wrote on style, design and gardens for publications such as Slate and House & Garden. She was editor at large for House & Garden for several years. She began her career as the photography editor for The Washington Post. Ms. Needleman is co-author of The Domino Book of Decorating and author of The Perfectly Imperfect Home.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV