Background: Intel is one of the world's largest semiconductor chipmakers. The company develops advanced integrated digital technology products, primarily integrated circuits, for industries such as computing and communications The company was founded in 1968 and is based in Santa Clara, Calif. Intel trades an average of 51.9 million shares per day.
52-Week High: $29.2752-Week Low: $20.40 Book Value: $9.73 Price to Book: 2.35 Intel is my favorite play in this report. Intel is now paying a 4% yield again. Plan and simple, buying Intel near $20 a share is value investing with training wheels on. Self-directed investing doesn't get any easier or more favorable in terms of risk vs. reward than Intel. The current price is a great level for adding to your current position or opening one. One of the attractive attributes of Intel is the macro-economic play it offers, while remaining relatively strong in the current level of uncertainty. Investors can expect Intel to climb as the economy improves. What this means to the average investor is that by putting Intel inside your portfolio; you are better positioned to ride the recovery higher. How long will it take before we get a recovery strong enough to lift shares back above $30? Who cares, the company will pay 4% while the payout ratio is under 40% and the price-to-earnings ratio is under 12. Intel is value buying with training wheels all the way. Intel's balance sheet is a Gibraltar type of rock solid. The short interest based on the float is small and not a concern with only 3.5% of the float short. INTC Revenue data by YCharts
I use Zacks.com, WSJ.com, Tradestation, and Reuters for my data. P/E is generally adjusted P/E based on an average number of shares. At the time of publication, the author held no positions in any of the stocks mentioned. This article is commentary by an independent contributor, separate from TheStreet's regular news coverage.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV