BENTON HARBOR, Mich., Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) ranked first place among all major appliance companies for customer satisfaction in the 2012 annual American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI). The ACSI evaluates the quality of products and services available to household consumers in the United States and placed the Whirlpool Corp. family of brands – including Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, KitchenAid and Jenn-Air – at the top of the list. Whirlpool Corporation has led or tied for first place each year since 1996.
"We continue to look ahead – driving innovation and staying focused on our commitment to U.S. manufacturing and customer satisfaction," said Marc Bitzer, president of Whirlpool Corporation's North America region. "Our ongoing dedication to recognizing and solving consumers' needs is driving this type of recognition."
Whirlpool Corporation continues its strong history of leadership with a score of 83 on a 100 point scale, a one point increase from last year. This recognition reflects the company's long history of providing quality products and customer service. With 100 percent of its customer service team based in the United States, Whirlpool Corporation has deep insight into meeting consumer needs and the ability to do so quickly.Whirlpool Corporation is proud of its 101 year history of making innovative appliances in the United States. The company continually invests in its U.S. manufacturing base – employing more U.S. manufacturing workers than all of its major competitors combined. Eighty percent of the products Whirlpool Corporation sells in the U.S. are made in the U.S. In this annual ranking, the ACSI polls more than 70,000 consumers and measures customer satisfaction of more than 230 companies in 47 industries and 10 economic sectors, as well as over 100 services, programs, and websites of federal government agencies.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV