Kyocera Corporation (NYSE:KYO)(TOKYO:6971) today announced that its wholly owned subsidiary in charge of developing and manufacturing crystal devices, Kyocera Crystal Device Corporation, has succeeded in developing an AT-cut crystal oscillator (KC2520M) with an output frequency of 32kHz, which has the world's first *1 low current consumption of 80μA. A crystal device for use in electric vehicles and smart meters, the mounting area has also been reduced by approximately 40% compared to conventional products (3225-size) available in the market.
The KC2520M (32kHz) will be available on a sample basis in September 2012, and will be on display at the company's booth at the CEATEC JAPAN 2012 exhibition to be held from October 2 to October 6, 2012 at Makuhari Messe in Chiba Prefecture, Japan.
1. Achieving the world's first low current consumption AT-cut crystal oscillator with an output frequency of 32kHzIn collaboration with an IC manufacturer, we have achieved a low current consumption of 80μA for the first time in the world for an AT-cut crystal oscillator with 32kHz despite its small size. This feature is expected to expand the use of the product for electric and hybrid-electric vehicles for which conservation of battery life is essential. 2. Using AT-cut oscillators with superior temperature characteristics Since the KC2520M (32kHz) uses an AT-cut crystal element that is utilized as a standard frequency source for mobile phones and CPUs, it has better temperature characteristics than tuning-fork type crystal elements and can achieve high frequency accuracy. As a result, it can ensure high accuracy also when used for automobiles and smart meters, for which an accurate clock function incorporated into electronic devices is required in a wide temperature range. In addition, due to its structure which integrates a crystal with an IC, it has higher impact resistance than the tuning-fork type.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV