Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) has named BMC — a leader in the Turkish automotive industry — as the September Autodesk Inventor of the Month for using Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software as part of Autodesk Product Design Suite to improve design and production processes at its main plant in Izmir, Turkey.
These productivity enhancements allow the company to more efficiently produce a wide range of vehicles — from light and heavy trucks, to buses and military vehicles — which are supplied to international as well as local markets, helping BMC move towards becoming a global brand.
During R&D and design stages, the company uses 3D modeling, visualization and simulation applications included in Autodesk Product Design Suite Ultimate 2013 and Autodesk Product Design Suite Premium 2013. In addition, BMC utilizes AutoCAD LT 2013 for 2D drafting and detailing, as well as Autodesk Revit Architecture for architectural design purposes.
“In today’s competitive market, 3D modeling is an indispensable tool,” said Cuneyt Targotay, Chief Information Officer at BMC. “Autodesk, with its ongoing technology development, fulfills all our expectations in the best possible way.”Delivering Better Products Through Digital Design BMC worked with Autodesk Gold partner CADBIM to identify areas where the array of digital prototyping tools and functionality within Autodesk Product Design Suite could benefit its product design workflow. To start, BMC is able to more easily identify potential assembly problems or interferences between product parts during the digital modeling phase by using Autodesk Inventor software. Sophisticated simulation and analysis tools, such as the plastic injection molding simulation and finite element analysis (FEA) features in Autodesk Inventor Professional software, help to further optimize the design process.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV