ISTANBUL, Turkey, September 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Turkcell (NYSE:TKC , ISE: TCELL), the leading communications and technology company in Turkey, together with the Turkish Foundation for Waste Reduction ("TISVA") and the Turkey Grameen Microfinance Program, has initiated the "Women Power to the Economy" mobile for development campaign; a global first, for low-income women who are keen to engage in economic production in Turkey.
- More Funding Through Social Lending enables donating or lending from handsets (m.ekonomiyekadingucu.com), online ( http://www.ekonomiyekadingucu.com) as well as other payment options, including mobile payment and credit cards.
- Mobile Marketplace Platform enables women to market their products to a larger audience via Turkcell's mobile announcement infrastructure throughout Turkey.
- Handset Training for Beginners enables low-income women without handsets to have mobile phones in a feasible way along with beginners training for improved communication with the Foundation and business partners.
- Mobile Personal Development Program gives mobile training on sales-marketing, communications, and financial literacy via Turkcell's mobile education infrastructure, enabling women to grow their businesses.
- The mobilization of microcredit cash flow reduces physical cash transactions during the granting and collection of microcredit with the help of mobile technologies, which is a first in Turkey. Within this model, through mobile technology solutions that Turkcell has developed: i) entrepreneurs will have secure access to financial services through their handsets, while developing "money management" awareness through the use of mobile phones. ii) Operational efficiency will increase with the transition to electronic money. "Women Power to the Economy" initially aims to reach out to 55,000 women, and to 100,000 within 4 years. Turkcell is making an initial donation of TRY400,000 to boost the economic participation of women in the city of Van, by opening a branch together with TISVA to take actions for economically disadvantaged women.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV