- Bogen will be a keynote speaker at 1:00 pm ET on Saturday, September 29, at the New York Hall of Science Auditorium. His talk, entitled "Fueling Technology Leadership with Passion and Great Ideas," will focus on the creation of the megaAVR® devices, the hardware heart of the Arduino movement. He'll share the stage with Massimo Banzi, co-founder of the Arduino Project.
- Five finalists for the Atmel Robotics Contest, sponsored by the Atmel University Program, will vie for prizes as they demonstrate their robotic creations from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm ET on Saturday, September 29; three winners will be announced at 12:00 pm ET. Teams were challenged to bring Mel, the University Program mascot, to life. Winners will be judged on how well their robots can perform the simple tasks of sorting objects and navigating through a maze, as well as on the uniqueness and elegance of robot design.
- Atmel will also be showcasing Arduino's latest boards, including:
- Arduino Due – based on an Atmel ARM® Cortex™-M3 processor-based MCU, this board is ideal for home automation projects and can run up to 96MHz.
- Arduino Uno – based on the Atmel megaAVR ATmega328 MCU, this board features all the necessary components to get started with a design, including 14 digital I/O pins, 6 analog inputs, a 16MHz crystal oscillator, a USB connection, a power jack, an ICSP header and a reset button.
- Arduino Leonardo – based on the megaAVR ATmega32U4, this low-cost Arduino board has the same shape and connectors as the Uno but with a simpler circuit. For software, this board includes a USB driver that can simulate a mouse, a keyboard and a serial port.
Atmel Nominated For 2012 Makey Award; AVR Co-Inventor Alf-Egil Bogen To Keynote At World Maker Faire NY
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.