BioLineRx Ltd. (NASDAQ: BLRX) (TASE: BLRX), a biopharmaceutical drug development company, announced today that it has signed a purchase agreement for the sale, from time to time, of up to $15 million of its American Depositary Shares (“ADSs”) with Lincoln Park Capital Fund, LLC (“LPC”), a Chicago-based institutional investor.
During the 36-month term of the purchase agreement, BioLineRx controls the timing and amount of any sales to LPC, if and when the Company decides, in accordance with the purchase agreement. LPC has no right to require the Company to sell any ADSs to LPC, but LPC is obligated to make purchases as BioLineRx directs, subject to certain conditions. Such conditions include the effectiveness of a registration statement to be filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission covering the resale of the ADSs that may be issued to LPC. The purchase price related to any sales to LPC will be based on the prevailing market prices of the Company’s ADSs immediately preceding the notice of sale to LPC, without any fixed discount. The agreement may be terminated by the Company at any time, at its sole discretion, without any cost or penalty.
A more detailed description of the purchase agreement is set forth in the Company’s current report on Form 6-K recently filed with the SEC.
Dr. Kinneret Savitsky, CEO of BioLineRx, commented, “This new financing agreement gives us flexible access to capital to support our growing clinical pipeline. Recently, we in-licensed a Phase II ready asset in the oncology field and we are seeing additional interesting clinical-stage opportunities in other therapeutic areas as well. This potential source of funding will allow us to accelerate the development of these later-stage opportunities, which have greater potential to reach a partnering transaction within a relatively short period of time.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV