Kyocera Corporation (NYSE:KYO)(TOKYO:6971) announced that its subsidiary in charge of domestic sales of solar equipment, Kyocera Solar Corporation, will provide 30 megawatts (MW) of solar modules (approximately 135,000 units) for a utility-scale solar power plant in the northern prefecture of Hokkaido, Japan. The project will be designed and constructed by Yonden Engineering Co., Inc.
The project will be operated by Eurus Energy Group's subsidiary in charge of renewable energy generation business, with plans for construction to start in October of this year and operations to start in March 2014. The solar power plant is expected to generate the equivalent amount of annual power for roughly 9,600 typical households, off-setting roughly 11,000 tons of CO 2 per year.
|Location:||Shiranuka Town, Shiranuka County, Hokkaido, Japan|
|Site area:||Approx. 625,192m 2|
|Power output:||Approx. 30MW|
|No. of modules:||Approx. 135,000|
Annual power generation(estimate):
|Equivalent amount for 9,600 typical households|
|Start of operations:||March 2014|
Born of the company's years of experience in the solar industry, Kyocera is recognized for its high-quality products and stable supply capabilities, along with its system engineering & construction knowhow, which has earned Kyocera the largest share *1 of the Japanese market for installation volume of large-scale, public- and industrial-use solar power.
Following the July start of a new feed-in tariff (FIT) in Japan, large-scale solar power plant projects have been popping up across the country, with estimates that the domestic solar market will double compared to the previous fiscal year. By supplying highly reliable, high-quality products for the expanding solar market, Kyocera strives to contribute to climate change prevention.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV