ITT Exelis (NYSE: XLS) has received an award for supplier excellence from Harris Corporation (NYSE: HRS) for building and testing radome structures. As the subcontractor to Harris, Exelis Precision Structures built and tested eight end item composite components for the Radome Structures program, delivering each ahead of schedule and free of any manufacturing defects and non-conformances.
“Exelis is proud to be recognized for supplier excellence and delivering on-time, error-free solutions for Harris-built composite structures,” said Chris Young, president of ITT Exelis Geospatial Systems. “We look forward to a continued partnership with Harris to support the development of advanced composite metering structures.”
Exelis was recognized for its excellent performance evaluations for customer-appraised metrics, including schedule, technical, and quality performance as well as supplier relations. Exelis has been supporting Harris for a year on its first partnered build-to-specification program.
About ITT ExelisITT Exelis is a diversified, top-tier global aerospace, defense and information solutions company with strong positions in enduring and emerging global markets. Exelis is a leader in networked communications, sensing and surveillance, electronic warfare, navigation, air traffic solutions and information systems with growing positions in cyber security, composite aerostructures, logistics and technical services. The company has a 50-year legacy of innovation and technology expertise, partnering with customers worldwide to deliver affordable, mission-critical products and services for managing global threats, conflicts and complexities. Headquartered in McLean, Va., the company employs about 20,500 people and generated 2011 sales of $5.8 billion. www.exelisinc.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV