- A two-year, $600,000 Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) phase 1 award to Discovery Labs from NIH's National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases (NIAID) Center for Medical Counter Measures Against Radiation and Nuclear Threats to assess the ability of KL 4 surfactant to mitigate the effects of acute radiation exposure to the lung, including acute pneumonitis and delayed lung injury. Discovery Labs is collaborating with the University of Pennsylvania on this project.
- Collaboration with the University of Rochester Center for Medical Countermeasures against Radiation, an NIH/NIAID-funded Center of Excellence, to evaluate the use of KL 4 surfactant to protect the lung in a radiation-induced, multi-organ dysfunction animal model.
- Collaboration with the CounterACT Efficacy Research Facility (CERF), supported under an Interagency Agreement with the Department of Defense through the NIH Office of the Director and the Countermeasures Against Chemical Threats (CounterACT) program. The utility of KL 4 surfactant for the treatment of chemical-induced ALI will be explored in a chemical-induced ALI model currently being developed by the CERF. The CounterACT program supports basic, translational, and clinical research aimed at the discovery and/or identification of better therapeutic and diagnostic countermeasures against chemical threat agents, and facilitates their movement through the regulatory process.
- Use of NIAID's Animal Models of Infectious Disease program to investigate the use of KL 4 surfactant as a treatment for influenza-induced ALI with NIAID-funded contractors.
Discovery Labs Initiates Research Projects With Leading Research Institutions And US Government Agencies To Assess KL(4) Surfactant Utility In Acute Lung Injury
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.