- Fourth quarter diluted earnings per share (“EPS”) of $0.55, an increase of 10% year-over-year. For the full year, EPS increased 24% to $2.08 from $1.68 in the prior year (all periods represent results from continuing operations, excluding special items - see attached reconciliation of earnings.)
- Core sales growth of 3% and 5% for the fourth quarter and full year, respectively (total sales less the impact of acquisitions, divestitures and foreign currency rate changes) with solid growth in three of the four segments.
- Year-over-year operating profit margin expansion (excluding the previously announced impairment charge) of 20 basis points for the fourth quarter and 110 basis points for the full year.
- Cash flow from operations of $53 million for the fourth quarter and a record $182 million for fiscal 2012.
- Completed the acquisition of CrossControl in the fourth quarter, improving the technology positioning of Maxima. Deployed a total of $70 million on three tuck-in acquisitions during fiscal 2012.
- Repurchased 2.7 million common shares in fiscal 2012 for $63 million including 0.9 million shares for $24 million in the fourth quarter.
- Updated full year fiscal 2013 guidance with revised sales and EPS ranges of $1.68-1.72 billion and $2.20-2.30, respectively, excluding the impact of future acquisitions and potential share repurchases.
Actuant Reports Fourth Quarter And Full Year Fiscal 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts