NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- Jack Dorsey is a year younger than me. That fact alone makes me want to drown myself in a tub of Jack Daniels.
Jack Dorsey founded Twitter in 2006. Of course, he conceived the concept several years earlier.
Jack Dorsey had the inspiration for Square in 2009. By 2010, he rolled out the application. Just a few weeks ago, Square signed a landmark mobile payments deal with Starbucks (SBUX).
I was fortunate enough to appear on CNBC's Squawk on the Street Wednesday morning. I discussed the future of brick and mortar retail with Stacey Widlitz, president of S. W. Retail Advisors.As you watch the video, it becomes clear that Stacey and I run in different worlds. But, that's good. It makes for varied conversation. Surprisingly, the CNBC host I was most frightened of going into the interview -- Simon Hobbs -- caught my drift more than the others. That became evident before I even spoke. Hobbs says what I pretty much had planned on saying to open the segment. While I can't say I blame retailers for closing stores and shrinking square footage, there's a contradiction inherent in Widlitz's notion that "Retailers need to embrace
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV