SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif., Sept. 27, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Sunesis Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNSS) today announced that the Company will host an analyst and institutional investor meeting on Thursday, October 4, 2012, from 5:00 to 6:30 PM Eastern Time in New York City. The event will include an overview of vosaroxin and the VALOR trial, a pivotal Phase 3, randomized, controlled, double-blind, multinational clinical trial in first relapsed or refractory acute myeloid leukemia (AML), as well as the Less Intensive 1 (LI-1) Study being conducted by the United Kingdom's National Cancer Research Institute (NCRI) Haematological Oncology Study Group.
The event will be moderated by Daniel Swisher, Chief Executive Officer of Sunesis, and will include presentations by, and an in depth panel discussion with, key opinion leaders in AML, including VALOR principal investigators. Presentations will be followed by a question and answer session.
The panel will include:
- Alan K. Burnett, MD, Professor of Medicine, Head of Haematology, Department of Medical Genetics, Haematology and Pathology at Cardiff University School of Medicine;
- Eric Feldman, MD, Chair of the VALOR Steering Committee, Professor of Medicine and Director of the Leukemia Program and Hematological Malignancies at Weill Cornell Medical College; and
- Farhad Ravandi, MD, a principal investigator of VALOR, Professor of Medicine, Department of Leukemia, Division of Cancer Medicine, The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts