ISTANBUL, September 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Turkcell Superonline, the 100% subsidiary company of Turkcell (NYSE: TKC, ISE: TCELL), the leading communications and technology company in Turkey, announces that it has turned Istanbul into an internet hub, lifting the boundaries between countries and initiating the "internet without a visa" era through direct access agreements.
Turkcell Superonline has nine international gateways, which enable fast and seamless internet access via connections with Europe's most important internet traffic exchange points in Sofia, London, and Amsterdam, as well as through the Frankfurt POP in Germany.
Collaborating with Tier-1 telecom operators such as Tata Communications, Deutsche Telekom, Inteliquent, Turkcell Superonline enables access to globally renowned networks directly from Istanbul, adding value not only for its business and partners, but also for the Turkish economy.Turkcell Superonline plays a major role in delivering transit data traffic and telecommunications services between Europe, CIS, Asia and the Middle East. As a critical operator, it provides the internet access needs of Iran, Iraq, Georgia, and Northern Cyprus, positioning Istanbul as the intersection point of the global communications network. Murat Erkan, General Manager of Turkcell Superonline, says, "Four years ago Turkcell Superonline's aim had been to transform the Silk Road into the Fiber Road. Today, this is a reality via our fiber network." ABOUT TURKCELL SUPERONLINE Turkey's innovative telecom operator, Turkcell Superonline, continues its fiber optic infrastructure investments without any let up in speed. Turkcell Superonline is the one and only telecom operator to offer households internet connection at speeds of up to 1,000 Mbps. It offers its corporate, residential and wholesale customers voice, data, and value added services. http://www.superonline.net ABOUT TURKCELL
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV