DALLAS, Sept. 27, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch debuts at the State Fair of Texas Auto Show with more luxury, technology and capability than ever before
- 2013 F-150 King Ranch features an updated exterior, timeless Chaparral leather, an all-new black interior environment, smart technology like standard MyFord Touch ® – optimized for truck owners – and available HID headlamps
- Ford and the famous King Ranch have teamed for 12 years; together they set the original benchmark for luxury trucks
Texas is the nation's largest truck market and Ford has longstanding ties to King Ranch, a Texas institution. To celebrate another year in this successful relationship, the 2013 F-150 King Ranch debuts at the 2012 State Fair of Texas.
"While others are just starting to understand the appeal of Texas innovation and luxury, we're proud to have worked with our longtime partners at King Ranch who helped define both," said Ford General Marketing Manager Dave Mondragon. "The latest F-150 King Ranch extends this honor and tradition."
Like its namesake, F-150 King Ranch is the product of generations of F-Series trucks that came before it.Outside, the latest F-150 King Ranch features a bold new three-bar grille and available new 20-inch machined aluminum wheels. There's also an available monotone paint option and customers can add a special King Ranch chrome package for additional luxury cues. Inside, the seats are wrapped in rich, timeless Chaparral leather. An all-new black interior environment is available (in addition to traditional Adobe), plus smart technology like standard MyFord Touch ® optimized for truck owners, standard ambient interior lighting and available class-exclusive HID headlamps. The 2013 Ford F-150 King Ranch does more than look good. It's also Built Ford Tough. F-150 King Ranch is available with a choice of 5.0-liter V8 or the advanced, segment-exclusive 3.5-liter EcoBoost ® engine, which provides the power of an eight-cylinder engine and the fuel efficiency of a six-cylinder while achieving a best-in-class 11,300 pounds of trailer towing capability. Both engines are mated to a fuel-saving electronic six-speed automatic transmission with tow/haul mode and SelectShift ® capability. "King Ranch is built on the heritage, hard work and innovation of seven generations of King family descendants and employees, just like what Ford has built into its F-Series pickup trucks," said King Ranch Chairman Jamey Clement. "It's why we trust Ford as a genuine partner and why we depend on a fleet of 260 Ford trucks to get the job done every day at King Ranch." King Ranch covers more than 1,300 square miles of Texas land, making it one of the largest ranches in the world. In 2000, Ford Motor Company and King Ranch teamed to introduce the 2001 King Ranch F-150 SuperCrew, then the most upscale model in the Ford F-150 lineup. It was also the industry's first under-8,500-pound GVW full-size pickup truck with four full-size doors and a full rear passenger compartment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV