Whenever you're thinking about trading a recent IPO, there are a few things to consider. One of them is waiting for the stock to establish a trading history before buying or selling. Now that Facebook's trading history has become more established, a pretty clear pattern is emerging in this stock: a downtrending channel.
Facebook has hit its head on a trendline resistance level like clockwork since the stock's first trading day. Lately, there's been a lot of speculation that FB may have found a bottom around $17.50, but the setup in shares makes another test of that level completely possible.I wouldn't be looking to buy the dips on this name -- I'd be looking to sell (or short) the peaks. If you decide to do the same, just be sure to keep a tight protective stop.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV