Sweating Retirement? Your Peers May Not Be
Consumers appear to be keyed into several issues that could impact their retirement readiness. According to the index survey, a significant percentage of respondents note that candidate positions on the following issues are likely to influence their vote.
- Health care: 60 percent
- Social Security: 55 percent
- Taxes: 53 percent
- Medicare: 52 percent
- Unemployment: 41 percent
Concerns regarding these issues likely parallel the uneasiness many consumers feel about their own ability to retire.
"The economic environment surely contributes to [retirement] uncertainty," said Suzanna de Baca, vice president of wealth strategies at Ameriprise Financial, in a written statement. "But with proper planning, people can regain a sense of financial security and confidence in the future."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV