(NASDAQ: SSYS) Stratasys today announced the kickoff of its 2013 Extreme Redesign 3D Printing Challenge in partnership with online inventor community, Edison Nation, which operates the hit TV show, Everyday Edisons.
In its ninth year, the contest invites students worldwide to submit inventive new product designs, redesigns of existing products, or original or redesigned works of art or architecture, for a chance to win scholarship money.
Students at the middle school, high school and college level are able to participate in the design challenge.
“The contest offers students an engaging challenge that will put their creativity and critical thinking skills to the test while giving them a chance at a scholarship,” says Jesse Roitenberg, Stratasys Education Channel Manager. “Every year, we’re impressed with the level of dedication students take with the designs they submit.”Besides the chance to win scholarship money, this year’s contest offers a new incentive for those in the college engineering category. Finalists will have their designs reviewed by Edison Nation, which is a matchmaker between inventors and manufacturers looking for new products to commercialize. If a design fits an existing need and meets requirements, the finalist will be considered for a licensing agreement. As in prior years, Stratasys will award nine student winners either $2,500 or $1,000 scholarships in the categories of Middle School and High School Engineering, College Engineering, and Art & Architecture. Designs are awarded based on creativity, usefulness, part integrity and aesthetics. Instructors of the three first-place student winners will receive an Apple iPad for use in the classroom. Since the contest’s inception, more than $100,000 in scholarships has been awarded to students. Each submission must:
- be a sound mechanical design
- be realistic and achievable
- include a clear written description of the design.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV