In addition to its work on behalf of clients, Jones Lang LaSalle furthered its corporate responsibility programs and participation among its employees through the 'ACT: A Cleaner Tomorrow' program. In 2011, the firm:
- Achieved the world's highest LEED® Platinum score for a Commercial Interiors project in its Hong Kong corporate office;
- Incorporated sustainability into 72 percent of revised occupancy strategies for corporate offices around the world;
- Increased year-over-year employee participation in voluntary sustainability training by 119 percent, with 2,619 attendees for monthly Sustainability Sessions, LEED® accreditation webinars and other training;
- Maintained corporate and employee charitable programs that raised more than $4.3 million and contributed 2,200 volunteering days at local community projects;
- Created or maintained approximately 80 diversity and inclusion initiatives in countries around the world
Jones Lang LaSalle continues to receive accolades for its corporate responsibility commitment. The firm was named ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency for the third time in 2011, and became a Sustained Excellence Partner in 2012. The Ethisphere Institute named the firm among the 'World's Most Ethical Companies' for the fourth consecutive year in 2011, and for the fifth time in 2012. And FORTUNE recognized the firm as one of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third year.
"I am continually amazed by our people's enthusiasm and imagination, some of which is channelled through our employee engagement program 'ACT: A Cleaner Tomorrow'," Dyer said. "There is also a true spirit of generosity in our people toward many charitable and community initiatives. In 2011, the Company and our employees spent more than $4 million on charitable initiatives. Our employees also participated in well over 2,000 volunteering days, supporting local community projects, creating our own charitable fundraising events and engaging with diversity programs."
For more news, videos and research resources on Jones Lang LaSalle, please visit the firm's U.S. media center Web page. Bookmark it here: http://www.us.am.joneslanglasalle.com/UnitedStates/EN-US/Pages/News.aspxAbout Jones Lang LaSalle Jones Lang LaSalle (NYSE: JLL) is a financial and professional services firm specializing in real estate. The firm offers integrated services delivered by expert teams worldwide to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying or investing in real estate. With 2011 global revenue of $3.6 billion, Jones Lang LaSalle serves clients in 70 countries from more than 1,000 locations worldwide, including 200 corporate offices. The firm is an industry leader in property and corporate facility management services, with a portfolio of approximately 2.1 billion square feet worldwide. LaSalle Investment Management, the company's investment management business, is one of the world's largest and most diverse in real estate with $47 billion of assets under management. For further information, please visit www.joneslanglasalle.com. SOURCE Jones Lang LaSalle