SINGAPORE, LONDON and CHICAGO, Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Jones Lang LaSalle today announced the issuance of its 2011 Corporate Social Responsibility Report, demonstrating the firm's achievements and on-going commitments in areas such as environmental sustainability, diversity and inclusion, ethical standards, health and safety, and participation in the communities where it operates around the world.
"Our strategic priorities continue to be founded on creating value for our clients, shareholders and employees, said Colin Dyer, CEO and President of Jones Lang LaSalle. "We are helping our clients and ourselves realize the value of corporate responsibility. Whether that involves providing sustainability-related advice to clients through many of our services, or leveraging connections within our own firm to integrate our internal CSR efforts, sustainability is not just aligned, but increasingly embedded, in everything we do."
A key element of Jones Lang LaSalle's strategy focuses on the development and implementation of energy and climate strategies on behalf of building owners, tenants and public-sector organizations. "One of the greatest contributions we can make to mitigate climate change is in helping our clients reduce their energy use and carbon generating activities," said Dan Probst, Chairman of Energy and Sustainability Services.
Among its accomplishments in helping clients improve sustainability and address climate change, Jones Lang LaSalle:
- Documented $105 million in energy savings and reduced 587,000 metric tons of CO 2e in the firm's U.S. managed portfolio, the equivalent to removing over 115,000 passenger vehicles annually from the road;
- Helped clients avert an estimated 1.22 million metric tons of CO 2e per year since 2007, resulting from installed or operational renewables;
- Partnered with the Carbon Disclosure Project to enhance and promote its Cities climate change reporting program, which has grown to encompass 73 cities worldwide with aggregate population of more than 244 million;
- Committed to help building owners reduce energy use by at least 20 percent by the year 2020 in buildings totalling 98 million square feet, via the 'Better Buildings Challenge' in the U.S.
- LaSalle Investment Management, the investment advisory arm of Jones Lang LaSalle, committed to double the number of its properties that contribute data to Greenprint Foundation--an organization formed to provide energy and sustainability benchmarking data to participating owners—in 2012.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV