Cramer's lesson? Don't let a stock's actions dictate yours, especially if your thesis remains intact. You can't be greedy, but you also can't afford to be impatient at small market fluctuations.
Among his final sins, Cramer said he was wrong to think that JPMorgan Chase (JPM) CEO Jamie Dimon was powerful enough to override his entire company. He said that not only was Dimon mortal, he was also incredible arrogant when a rogue trader in the company's London office made a huge mistake that cost it billions.
Cramer said he was also wrong for saying that Cypress Semiconductor (CY) was a buy because it DIDN'T make chips for the iPhone and by not saying that Cirrus Logic (CRUS) was a buy because it DID make chips for the iPhone.
Cramer admitted believing Scott's Miracle-Gro's (SMG) CEO when he said things were going great, only to have the company report horrid earnings just weeks later. Also, Cramer thought Devon Energy (DVN) was morphing into an oil company, but clearly it was just an ailing natural gas company like all the others.Finally, Cramer said he got the call wrong on supermarket chain Roundy's (RNDY), a call for which he asked for forgiveness. --Written by Scott Rutt in Washington, D.C. To email Scott about this article, click here: Scott Rutt Follow Scott on Twitter @ScottRutt or get updates on Facebook, ScottRuttDC To watch replays of Cramer's video segments, visit the Mad Money page on CNBC.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV