Eagle Materials Inc. (NYSE: EXP) (the Company) today announced the commencement of an underwritten public offering of 3,000,000 shares of its common stock. The Company will grant to the underwriters a 30-day option to purchase up to an additional 450,000 shares of its common stock to cover overallotments, if any. The Company intends to use the net proceeds from this offering, together with borrowings under its bank credit facility, to fund its previously announced and pending acquisition of certain assets from Lafarge North America Inc. and certain of its subsidiaries. The Company expects to close such acquisition in November or December 2012, subject to customary closing conditions.
BofA Merrill Lynch and Goldman, Sachs & Co. will act as Joint Book-Running Managers for the offering.
When available, copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement, prospectus supplement and accompanying base prospectus relating to the offering may be obtained free of charge on the Securities and Exchange Commission’s website at www.sec.gov or from the underwriters of the offering:
- BofA Merrill Lynch, Attn: Prospectus Department, 222 Broadway, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10038. By email email@example.com
- Goldman, Sachs & Co., Attn: Prospectus Department, 200 West Street, New York, New York 10282 By email firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone (866) 471-2526
The shares of common stock will be offered and sold pursuant to an effective shelf registration statement on Form S-3 previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy the securities described herein, nor shall there be any sale of these securities in any state or jurisdiction in which such an offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such jurisdiction. The offering is being made only by means of a prospectus and related prospectus supplement meeting the requirements of Section 10 of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV