KRAFT FOODS ON TRACK TO MEET SODIUM REDUCTION GOALS ACROSS NORTH AMERICAN PRODUCT PORTFOLIO
NORTHFIELD, Ill., Sept. 26, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Kraft Foods Inc. (NASDAQ: KFT) announced today that it is on track to complete a three-year initiative to reduce sodium by an average of 10 percent across its North American portfolio by year end. Through these efforts, Kraft has already eliminated the equivalent of 14 million pounds of salt, or 1 billion teaspoons, from the North American diet annually.
"Sodium plays several important roles in food, including enhancing taste and texture, as well as helping keep products fresh," said Russ Moroz, Vice President, Research, Development & Quality. "But our scientists and product developers also know that more than half of North Americans are interested in lowering their sodium intake. So, we worked hard to make meaningful reductions in sodium, without sacrificing the taste, quality or safety of some of North America's favorite foods."
Kraft Foods' sodium reduction efforts reach across the company's North American product portfolio. Staples such as Kraft Grated Parmesan Cheese, Breakstone's 2% Cottage Cheese and Oscar Mayer Bacon had reductions of more than 10 percent. And for many other Kraft Foods products, the results far exceeded this goal, including:
- Kraft Original BBQ Sauce, 40 percent
- Kraft Easy Mac Cups Original and Triple Cheese, 30 percent
- Teddy Grahams Honey Graham Snacks, 25 percent (while boosting whole grain content to 8 grams per serving)
- Oscar Mayer Deli-Fresh Smoked Ham and Oscar Mayer Beef Bologna, 25 percent
- Kraft Singles American Slices , 18 percent
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV