CHICAGO, Sept. 26, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- As U.S. Cellular's (NYSE:USM) Calling All Communities campaign continues, the carrier revealed the Top 100 schools leading the pack and what those new votes mean for participating schools. To date 15,728 total votes have been cast so far with nearly 13,500 just this week in the race to win a share of $1 million in the company's fourth annual campaign to support education.
The top 18 schools that receive the most votes will win a share of $1 million to spend any way they see fit. The school that garners the most votes will receive $150,000, and the next 17 schools will each receive $50,000. The voting period ends Oct. 21.
As of Sept. 25, the Top 100 schools lead a total of 646 schools throughout the country that have received votes. With three new schools in the Top 20 and 32 new schools in the Top 100 this week, many continue to gain momentum. There has been drastic movement from Columbus Unified High School from Columbus, Kan., who went from 99th place to 31st in just one week. Hugo Middle School from Hugo, Okla., made an impressive jump from 53rd place to 25th this week.Less than 70 votes separate the schools ranked between 20th and 30th. There is plenty of time for communities to rally and vote for their local schools and the standings can change quickly. The full Top 100 school list for this week can be seen at uscellular.com/callingallcommunities. Anyone 18 years or older can visit any U.S. Cellular store and receive a code to vote for their favorite school at uscellular.com – along with information on the latest mobile devices and services.[i] Enter the code online at uscellular.com to cast your vote. You can then check back to track your school ranking, see the top schools, get ideas to rally more votes and post photos. With only one vote per person, it is imperative to get entire communities involved.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV