A majority of mobile devices, appliances and other portable machines have vibrant LCD displays. However, some of the challenges users may experience with these devices is the display may be hard to see in very bright light, or it may be overpowering in dark environments, all while consuming too much power. Mobile and portable designers are faced with designing devices that can be viewed comfortably independent of ambient lighting conditions and that maximize battery life.
To address these complex needs, Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile products, has introduced a series of ambient light sensors (ALS) and proximity sensors (PS). Ambient light sensors allow real-time brightness control in response to ambient lighting, while proximity sensors can be used to turn backlighting on and off based on user interactions, usage models and power conservation requirements.
The FLD000xx family consists of digital ALS devices, including the FLD00042 offering pure ALS functionality; the FLD00050 ALS with PS in 2-in-1, adding the proximity sensing function as well as a driver for external IRLEDs; and the FLD00060 ALS with PS in 3-in-1 where the IRLED is included.
With the introduction of the ALS and PS devices, Fairchild is able to offer one of the largest portfolios of ambient light solutions on the market. The broad solution and capabilities offerings coupled with a reliable supply chain process is what makes Fairchild set to provide designers with exactly what they need to optimize their systems. These devices provide the functionality needed with relatively simple circuit design by requiring minimal optoelectronics knowledge.For more information and to order samples, visit: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FL/FLD00042.html http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FL/FLD00050.html http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FL/FLD00060.html Features and Benefits:
- Devices offer both low power consumption and high resolution
- Integrated I 2C interface simplifies design and product application customization by enabling the device to set functional parameters and easily communicate readings to the controller
- Improved sensing accuracy and performance maintained over temperature variations ranging from -25ºC to 85ºC make the devices suitable for use in changing weather conditions
- Space-saving, surface-mount package – as small as 3.94mm x 2.36mm x 1.36mm – for a 3-in-1 integrated device
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV