A majority of mobile devices, appliances and other portable machines have vibrant LCD displays. However, some of the challenges users may experience with these devices is the display may be hard to see in very bright light, or it may be overpowering in dark environments, all while consuming too much power. Mobile and portable designers are faced with designing devices that can be viewed comfortably independent of ambient lighting conditions and that maximize battery life.
To address these complex needs, Fairchild Semiconductor (NYSE: FCS), a leading global supplier of high performance power and mobile products, has introduced a series of ambient light sensors (ALS) and proximity sensors (PS). Ambient light sensors allow real-time brightness control in response to ambient lighting, while proximity sensors can be used to turn backlighting on and off based on user interactions, usage models and power conservation requirements.
The FLD000xx family consists of digital ALS devices, including the FLD00042 offering pure ALS functionality; the FLD00050 ALS with PS in 2-in-1, adding the proximity sensing function as well as a driver for external IRLEDs; and the FLD00060 ALS with PS in 3-in-1 where the IRLED is included.
With the introduction of the ALS and PS devices, Fairchild is able to offer one of the largest portfolios of ambient light solutions on the market. The broad solution and capabilities offerings coupled with a reliable supply chain process is what makes Fairchild set to provide designers with exactly what they need to optimize their systems. These devices provide the functionality needed with relatively simple circuit design by requiring minimal optoelectronics knowledge.For more information and to order samples, visit: http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FL/FLD00042.html http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FL/FLD00050.html http://www.fairchildsemi.com/pf/FL/FLD00060.html Features and Benefits:
- Devices offer both low power consumption and high resolution
- Integrated I 2C interface simplifies design and product application customization by enabling the device to set functional parameters and easily communicate readings to the controller
- Improved sensing accuracy and performance maintained over temperature variations ranging from -25ºC to 85ºC make the devices suitable for use in changing weather conditions
- Space-saving, surface-mount package – as small as 3.94mm x 2.36mm x 1.36mm – for a 3-in-1 integrated device
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts